Monday, April 20, 2009

CP and the DL

OK so, the actual truth of the matter is that I don't care what any of you think about anything. The poll on the right is now closed and I'm not going to be taking it into account when I decide what to do. That's how much I value your opinions.

I'm in a place called McLeod Ganj, in the Dharmasala area of Himalchal Pradesh. This is where the Dalai Lama lives in exile from Tibet. Fortunately he's not here at the moment, he's off giggling his way around California giving lectures and being peaceful. I say fortunately because apparantly the place becomes a hell-hole of DL spotters when he is here, so it's all quiet and peaceful now. Click here for info on the Tibetan Government in Exile.

I've been taking it easy for the past few days here, hiking around in the forests and mountains and doing some yoga and other peaceful shit. It's a lovely little place altogether. Last night I had three beers and was flat on my ear, and today I feel like an elephant is waltzing in my head.

Here are some pics from the rest of my tour around Rajesthan. As I mentioned, my camera kicked the bucket, so I have almost no photos of my ten days in Delhi. However, I've bought myself a new super dooper, snazzy little Panasonic with a 10x optical zoom. It's cool cos i don't like sticking my camera in people's faces (hence the lack of people pics), so now I can hide behind trees and subtly click away MI5-style. If you behave yourselves, I might put up some of my photos from Dharmashala over the next few days, but only if you're good!

Signing off from amongst the Tibetan exiles,

His holiness, the 1st (and only) CP

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Conor,

Seems like this silk road is a never ending adventure!

I'm here with an Australian friend and she's saying you're really not going to like melbourne... (and India looks like much more fun!)

BTW: I'm unemployed now, so may join you for a few weeks! What's the best place to fly to?

Take care,

Filip

PS: definitely option 1 (without OZ :)

Anonymous said...

Dearest billiam, is your white vest a tribute to your favourite band right said fred , or perhaps you are founding an indian Westlife?? Cant believe your goin to miss the fockin reunion..Ra Ra Ra

Mck

Aldert and Els said...

Well actually, Conor... the DL is preparing himself for a little visit to Amsterdam, on June 4 and 5. We will see him on June 5 when he will be present at the opening of a Tibet manifestation. And yes, we have tickets... if we get the chance we'll say to him to stay away a little longer so you can keep on doing that yoga stuff of yours in peace ;)

Unknown said...

So... have you decided what you're doing yet? Curious now :)