Thursday, February 12, 2009

The precursor to a plan

Yeeeaaahhh, so it looks like I'm never gonna do Yoga again. When I'm in a city, I say to myself "you can't do yoga here, wait till you get to a beach" and now that I've been at a beach for almost a month I'm beginning to say to myself "don't worry about yoga here, do it when you get to the quiet countryside"... Fook it neway...!

So there ain't too much exiting happening except for the fact that I'm lazing on a beach all day. I try to go to bed early most nights, but for the past three nights, I've lain there like an eejit, not able to sleep, with mossies nippin' at my arse and those stupid fooking muts baying at the moon like some kind of maniacs. I've always ended up getting up at about one in the morning and then going for a few drinks and falling into bed gee-eyed at five. That seems to be the only way I can sleep. 

I don't know why the locals don't just kill all the muts here. They must be driven nuts by them as well. They lie about dozing in everyone's way during the day and as soon as the sun goes down, they start barking and it keeps on all night long. If you're walking on the beach at night, sometimes they gang up on you and bark and snarl and go for your legs. There's nothing more satisfying than landing a good kick in the ribs on one of the little bastards. But if there's a lot of them, then things can get nasty as well. There's been a good few instances of mutts ganging up on people and attacking them... I don't know why the Injuns stand for this shit, when a good mallet to the brain would do the job nicely. Don't get me wrong, I like dogs, but when they start killing people, then there's a problem. 

Must try to get out of Goa... I've been here far too long and it's far too easy to stay forever. I have multiple pressures on me now. I need to get out of here, so that I can see what I want to see in the South: Hampi, Allepey, Bangalore, Mysore. I need to see these things quickly so that I can get back to Mumbai and start my journey north. The north is where it's all at, and my excuse that there's bad weather up there, is no longer valid. 

Peace out for now... I'm going to come up with a provisional plan for my next post... to give me some direction. 

Your lazy, sun-bitch correspondant on the beach...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so now you understand my repeated rants about the dogs.... (I will not repeat my solution!)

get out of Goa ferengue ! So many better more interesting places to see before the trip north.. you'll be back in yoga zone up there..

as for me... havin in tough. thinking C america !!!
Hel

Anonymous said...

Great blog Conor; I'm not sure if I feel more sorry for you or the dogs... love hearing how your journey is going. We're missing you here. Take care.

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO!!! LOL!! HAHA! Poor poor you.. yea, as an equally-annoyed-by-the-muts-"Injun," I completely empathize with you. I have no clue why we don't just neuter the strays if we can't just kill them off.
Well, I've got a survival tactic. You have to just suddenly appear to grow larger in size to them when they get close... so kinda like spread your arms out, rise on your toes, and if you're wearing a jacket or something, spread it out, and grrrooowl back at them. :) Well, the risk of looking like a fool is better than being dinner to the muts.

Come back soon. Looking forward to see your head bob as you tell us your travel stories animatedly. :)