Saturday, February 7, 2009

Package Helliday

wahwahwah... so I'm on Calungate Beach: the absolute worst that Goa has to offer when it comes to overdeveloped, brit/rooski-infused, package holiday, loud, banging mayhem...

However, there are some... eh... advantages... that places like this offer. I went on an absolute mad one last night at some Karaoke place. I was supposed to be detoxing but ended up shaking my booty to some Grease Lightning et al. Also, there are a lot of Indian tourists here, which is interesting. I'm not planning on staying very long, just the weekend, but at sunset today I sat down and people-watched the throngs for an hour. It was cool... I love that shit... making faces at babies and shit. And then I got some of that Bombay-style fast food into me...

Jesus, the Bombay fast food is heaven on earth. They have these things called pani puri, it's a little hollow crispy bubble which they stuff full of potatoe mix. Then they throw over spicy sauce and coriander and a kind of sweet sauce and then they fuck a whole lot of curd over it and sprinkle it with all kinds of shit... ajljkshjfha;sdhfasjdl;fkjalsdf... thinking about it is making me go nutz. Also the Indian salad is called chaat, and they have a quadrillion versions of it, with the most beautiful fresh ingredients, sweet and spicy, crunchy and good. Drooooool.... they have loads more shit, but I'd be here for the rest of my life going through it. Suffice to say that the fast food is good and cheap and the Injuns beam ear to ear when I stroll up and order (Cos I'm a Ferengue, that's like the equivalent of Gringo in India... general white westerner) and they can't believe that I like it. (They always ask me 'not too spicy?' and I always go 'fuck no, spice it up there bi-aatch).

The day before yesterday I thought I was getting an ear infection (which I had in Colombia before and is not a good thing). Your ear is kind of tender and if you apply pressure to it, it hurts. So I started horsin' antibiotics into me like nobody's business and I bought ear drops... but today everythings fine again.

Feic sake, they have the feckin' cyrillic alphabet written on little stickers and stuck onto the keyboard (for the Rooskies), but I'm sweating like a kiddie fiddler in a nursery, and the little stickers are coming off on my fingers... Why is my life so difficult? (sigh)

You're probably wondering why I haven't posted any pics in a while (or maybe you're not and you don't give a shit)... Well, I left my big rucksack in Anjuna two weeks ago and have been scootering around with only my small one. And like a big eejit, didn't I go and leave my spare camera batteries in the big rucksack. But yesterday I popped back into Anjuna and got the batteries so I'll bring my camera out for a spin tomorrow and I'll try to get sum vizuals 4 ya.

Okeepokee then... I'll be going out again tonite (cos it's Saturday) but then I'm going into hibernation for a few weeks...

Be good.

Yur man in Goan tourist hell... C to the bebop!

No comments: